Today, NVIDIA announced some updates to the line of NVIDIA GRID GPU’s for VDI. I continue to see the use cases increase for GPU’s in VDI so great to see these new releases. The increase in user density is one of the key considerations customers always ask; how many users per server/GPU? Great to see the users density continue to increase!
Here are some details from todays launch webinar and my key takeaways;
- renamed vWorkstation license version to Quadro Virtual Data Center Workstation Software (Quadro vDWS)
- newer P40 & P6 GPU’s do NOT have 512MB profile (min is 1Gb)
- a new license server will be released; 5.0
- 50% more vGPU per physical GPU (improves density!)
- updated/newer monitoring and insight integration into VMware vRealize Operations and 3rd party’s, i.e. Liquidware Labs, Lakeside, ControlUp, eGInnovations, etc..
Updated NVIDIA GRID line:
You can see press release here.